• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 U-bolt dimensions

DeanerF

NAXJA Forum User
I am going to be ordering a set of U-bolts for my new leaf pack. I need to know the dimensions to give to the shop who will be doing them .

I have the 8.25 and the springs are OME 2" heavy loads

How long do they need to be? Thread size/pitch etc?
All I really know is the axle is 3" O.D

Kinda new to this stuff.. so the help is greatly appreciated !

:chef:

1/2"x20 thread 8" long--measured from bottom of "U" ,That will also depend on how thick your spring pack is.

Wayne

Wayne is right it depends on the thickness if your spring pack.

I have RE 3 1/2 springs and they are 1 3/4" thick my ubolts are 7 1/4 long.

Measure the original springs and then measure the new springs and add that additional thickness as length to your ubolts.....then order new ubolts.

Or just buy some rediculously long u-bolts from your local auto parts store, to match your axle diameter, and then just hacksaw off the threaded portion that you don't need....

Or just buy some rediculously long u-bolts from your local auto parts store, to match your axle diameter, and then just hacksaw off the threaded portion that you don't need....

problem with that is most u-bolts only have a small amount of thread. too long a bolt, that needs cut down wont leave enuf or any thread to put the nut on. most u-bolts i have seen will have about 2.5-3" of threaded area. so measure accordingly.

BDS Suspension has a large selection of sizes to choose from. expect to spend about $40 shipped for 4 of them tho.

Back