• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Weird threaded tube adapters

BPB

NAXJA Forum User
How can I go about finding a tube adapter that is 3/4 x 10 tpi? All the ones sold are 3/4 x 16. Could a machine shop build something like this?

Yeah a machine shop should have no problem with threading something like that (all it takes is a die)

Looks like McMaster-Carr has some. Im not sure of their material make (steel or what not) but ive had great service with them.

check it out: (scroll down to "Load-Rated Tube Adapters")

http://www.mcmaster.com/#tube-adapters/=1frx3o

HTH

Last edited:
How can I go about finding a tube adapter that is 3/4 x 10 tpi? All the ones sold are 3/4 x 16. Could a machine shop build something like this?
Just curious, why do you want a courser thread? Finer threads give more strength. Also if you have something nonstandard it will be more of a hassle getting replacement parts. Not knocking your plan just curious.

If you're welding your own 3/4" bolt to something, just use fine thread instead. Stronger and much more common.

We're all curious what you're doing?

I need a tube adapter that will thread onto my ford radius arms. I am adapting them to heims. The only radius arms that come with heims are too long for my mj and are expensive. I talked to a machine shop today, I am going to buy the 5/8" tube adapters and the machine shop will drill and tad them to 3/4 x 10.

I need a tube adapter that will thread onto my ford radius arms. I am adapting them to heims. The only radius arms that come with heims are too long for my mj and are expensive. I talked to a machine shop today, I am going to buy the 5/8" tube adapters and the machine shop will drill and tad them to 3/4 x 10.

A 3/4" rod end isn't strong enough for a radius arm, it's not even strong enough for a lower control arm. Please, at least step up to a 7/8" rod end, and preferably 1" or 1.25".

The whole weight and force of the front axle on 2 small 3/4 corse thread heims?

1" at least, if not 1.25". Edit: what Richard said.

Ok, Thanks for saving my life. I am going to have to re plan this then. I got my idea from here I was just going to make them as short as possible http://stonecrushersteering.com/OTHER_PRODUCTS.html

edit.. What if I were to sleeve the 1 1/2" tube with the adapter threaded onto my radius arm with 2" 1/4 wall dom and run a 1 1/4 heim. Then weld and gusset the end that threaded onto the radius arm? Would that be adequately strong?

Last edited:
You are definitely right, I talked to a buddy and the tnt kit has 1 1/4" super flex joints. I don't know what stone crusher is thinking selling radius arm extensions for f/s fords with 3/4 inch heims.

I would appreciate some input on my this idea: I would use a tube adapter that will thread onto my radius arm. this will be welded on the end of a piece of 1 1/2 x .25 dom. Then I will sleeve that with 2 x .25 dom with a 1 1/4 heim joint on the end that mounts to the chassis. This assembly will only be as long has it has to be to fit the heim and radius arm stud. Once it is assembled I will weld the assembly to the end of the radius arm and add a gusset on the bottom and plating on both sides.

Last edited:
You are definitely right, I talked to a buddy and the tnt kit has 1 1/4" super flex joints. I don't know what stone crusher is thinking selling radius arm extensions for f/s fords with 3/4 inch heims.

I would appreciate some input on my this idea: I would use a tube adapter that will thread onto my radius arm. this will be welded on the end of a piece of 1 1/2 x .25 dom. Then I will sleeve that with 2 x .25 dom with a 1 1/4 heim joint on the end that mounts to the chassis. This assembly will only be as long has it has to be to fit the heim and radius arm stud. Once it is assembled I will weld the assembly to the end of the radius arm and add a gusset on the bottom and plating on both sides.
why not just use 2" .5 wall?

You shouldnt be trying to thread anything onto the stock arms.There are several good threads on making longer arms(modified stocker's) that are 1-piece.

why not just use 2" .5 wall?

It wont sleeve 1 1/2" od tubing

You shouldnt be trying to thread anything onto the stock arms.There are several good threads on making longer arms(modified stocker's) that are 1-piece.

I have seen some of those on bronco forums, they are a little more then I can do with the tools that I have at my disposal. Essentially mine will be one piece. I am just using the factory stud as another point of strength. I am going to weld the tube to the radius arm. I will also have a lot of steel added in there.

It wont sleeve 1 1/2" od tubing

I have seen some of those on bronco forums, they are a little more then I can do with the tools that I have at my disposal. Essentially mine will be one piece. I am just using the factory stud as another point of strength. I am going to weld the tube to the radius arm. I will also have a lot of steel added in there.

any good machine shop could make you exactly what u need for an hours time plus materials and it would be "one piece". would save you allot of time, not a bad idea in my opinion.

Back