• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaking water inside jeep around gas filler neck

JEEP 4X4 DRIVER

NAXJA Forum User
Yesterday I took the back trim out of the cargo area to put dynomat sound deadner along the quarter panel and discovered a pool of water down inside the quarter panel on the drivers side. So I pulled the rubber grommet from underneath the jeep and drained it out. I poured water around ther gas filler neck then looked back inside the jeep and seen it trickeling down. A suggestion was made to remove the 4 screws from the plate around the filler neck and put a bead of silicone all around it. I tried this but it wont lift up enough for me to get the silicone in there.

Any suggestions on a fix?

I would assume then I just have to loosen the main hose leading to the tank (not the vent hose) and I can pull it up alittle more. Is this correct or do the both need removed? I just want to lift it up more so I can get some silicone under there.

you can try to just remove the one but most likely youl have to remove both jsut pull off the cover under the rear rocker and the hoses are right there its not hard to get at

Thanks guys for your help. It was suggested to me by a body shop to put automotive seam sealer around the edge of the base that scews down around the neck. It will hold up around gas better than silicone.

Awh, nevermide. I looked underneath the jeep and found it. Looks like it's held on with about 4 or 5 bolts. Too cold and dark here in Indy to mess with it today.

Back