• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Question on oil change

Personally i would stay with regular, but that's just me. You can go with synth but don't be surprised if you get some leakage, the only reason being that the seals might get de-cruded. As for mechanical reasons not to switch, i can think of none.

You should be ok with the synthetic, but if you do have any leaks, they will leak more..

I wouldn't waste my money on it personally, just change your oil every 3k.

You should be ok with the synthetic, but if you do have any leaks, they will leak more..

I wouldn't waste my money on it personally, just change your oil every 3k.

x2. its only a matter of time untill an authorized RP or amsoil guy responds, but theyre just selling a dream.

Everbody has an opinion on this. Search and you will find many, many opinions. Search ZDDP. Without vast discourses on "why", I recommend Mobil 1 extended mileage "gold cap" oil. The Fram cheap lines of filters are reputed to be shit. I change oil every spring whether I need it or not (10-12k miles). I change the filter once around Thanksgiving because I feel guilty and I usually need a quart by then anyway. I just hate having to dispose of all of that Dino oil at 3-5k miles and believe that most of the wear is at cold start up due to thick oil. Like I said, everybody has at least two things, and one of them is opinions.

Back