• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

finally let go if the wallet

falcon1235

NAXJA Forum User
well guys hope to have it all ready for north west fest. i just got a RE 5.5 long arm kit 8.8 rear truss locker super 88 kit hp44 front locker truss and bracket kit hope the 2001 2 door will be ready by then. spending about 7grand all in one fell swoop......... it hurts to think about it but if i dont do it now i will never get it done:cheers:

7 grand in upgrades at once? holy crap im speechless.

that kicks ass. Hope to be at NWfest aswell, i'll be behind you tho.. haha

7 grand in upgrades at once? holy crap im speechless.

ya i didnt want to do 2 steps forward one step back like i did with my last one so i traded my old on for a pistol and started with a clean slate.

just ordered tnt front and rear truss and bracket kits.... probably really didnt need the trusses but it makes the brackets way easyer to put on due to me being some what lazy with math. have to wait to get all the put in so i can get some measurements for shocks and a drive line. ordering steel for rocker replacements and rear bumper build tomorrow.:farmer:

no shop yet still want to do it i have the cash but thats like 50 grand or so i got to bring myself to spend and you See how long i took to spend 7 lol roomie got a tube bender and a plasma though im running out of space fast i got to juggle tools around to work on stuff half the time 25x25 aint much with all the tools we got now

no i didnt do it for NWF i just been waiting to spend the cash..... hope to make it to moab this year some time too

you have been waiting like 5 yrs to do this man i am really glad you have decided to cut up that pretty 2 dr of yours. ill help you break it in though...

well 7 turned into closer to 10... but i cant stop the project now. i just got the axles i ordered in the beginning of june.... jeep has been sitting on jack stands for 2 months. i never remember to take pictures.. have to run down and do that soon. i will keep you guys posted

You are at ten grand in mods? with a 44 and 8.8 build? I hope it has a full cage and coilovers.

This must be Dustin, who was talking about how his axleshafts were back-ordered for the last few months and he's been getting the runaround on an ETD for them. That is a lot of cash, but it's easy to see how a guy could dump that much into it if he bought everything brand new at full price.

Still no word on when you might get your axles then, eh Dustin?

Oh, and there were two Dustins at NWF. Oregon Dustin was the young guy in the dark blue late model XJ, Washington Dustin was the guy riding shotgun with his buddy with the glasses. (name eludes me, having a senior moment, sorry) We wheeled with them at Walker awhile back and again at NWF.

Oh, and there were two Dustins at NWF. Southwest Washington Dustin was the young guy in the dark blue late model XJ, Washington Dustin was the guy riding shotgun with his buddy with the glasses. (name eludes me, having a senior moment, sorry) We wheeled with them at Walker awhile back and again at NWF.

Fixed. ;)

With all new parts, and going for a bulletproof setup, I can easily see how it can all add up.

It will be worth it in the end though.

My bad, Dustin. For some reason I had you tied-in to the Oregon guys. Not that that's a bad thing, they seem like a solid bunch. :)

I think the Dustin in question (falcon) is from Whidbey island or the peninsula maybe? At any rate, he's a good guy who's spending a lot of money on his axles. They should shine like diamonds when he's done.

Ah yes, Will, that's it. There is another Willy or Will that drives a blue MJ, isn't there? We need to give them insulting yet endearing nicknames so we can remember who's who.

Back