• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Reverse Cut 4.10's, D30

AZCA jeeper

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everyone. There is someone on another board that is selling some HP D30 reverse cut 4.10's and the carrier for 50 bux. I want to buy them but I don't know if it will be possible for me to swap them. I have a HP d30 as well but I do not know if the stock gears are reverse cut or not (3.73). That and the fact that most HP front axles have reverse cut gears makes me believe the swap might be possible.

If it helps mines and '87.

That and the fact that ALL HP front axles have reverse cut gears makes me believe the swap IS be possible.
Fixed it for you.

Frank is correct. Another name for high pinion is reverse cut, or reverse spiral. (Not reverse rotation like some people say, as that would mean your axle turns backwards)

The spiral in the hypoid gears are cut opposite (reversed) from a low pinion axle, therefore they are reverse cut to fit into high pinion applications. This is why high pinion gears won't work in a low pinion axle, or vice versa.

Back