• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New 241J

PavementPounder

NAXJA Forum User
Never hit the road. Was purchased and used by a Ford supplier for mock-up only. Dealer says the original application was a 2005 CRD Liberty. Numbers are pictured for you to verify yourself.

23-spline input, non-vacuum, part-time, 2.72:1. If you're going to buy a SYE or low gears, you might as well spend the money on something stronger than a 231.

$400+ FedEx. Available immediately. Cash, PayPal, or USPS Money Order only. No other money orders.

verification_seal.gif

272241J01.jpg

272241J02.jpg

NV241J01.JPG

NV241J02.JPG

is it a 231 or 241? title says 241, description says 231. doesn't look like any 231 i've ever seen though. and if it is a 241, it has 4:1. and if it is a 241 consider it sold and i can paypal right away.

is it a 231 or 241? title says 241, description says 231. doesn't look like any 231 i've ever seen though.

Its a 241J and no, the description does not say its a 231. I'll rephrase it for you:

If you are planning on buying shit for your 231, your money would be better spent on upgraded parts for this transfer case instead. You might as well invest the money/parts in something stronger, as you'll still be left with a weaker case after beefing up a 231.

and if it is a 241, it has 4:1. and if it is a 241 consider it sold and i can paypal right away.

No, it does not have 4:1 gears. It has 2.72:1 gears as stated. You are thinking of a 241OR. This transfer case is exactly what I stated it is, which is why I listed its specific application, as well as the picture of the part numbers. You can call the dealer with the numbers to verify it yourself. :thumbup:

Google pictures of a 241OR and the differences will be very obvious in the housings. The 241J is probably more closely related to the 241DHD than anything else. :peace:

Last edited:
:doh: thank you for setting me straight. i thought i read it correctly. good luck with the sale

For $400, don't you wish.

Well, he wasn't too far off. I sold a 241OR with 2 broken case halves (cracked diagonally from a road accident) for $150 two weeks ago. The two new case halves only cost about $360 from the dealer thanks to the deep discount they give my local board. Guy got a 241OR for under $600 and some elbow grease.

The original intent was to install it into my XJ, but I was just unmotivated to fix it myself. :laugh:

Un-sold! The guy ended up using a 241C instead in order to avoid having to change the input spline to match his TH-350 (27-spline), so I bought it back from him.

Still available. Condition has not changed. It simply sat on a shelf in his garage for a while instead of mine.

Back