• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE DB Brace Install?

Tommy4949

NAXJA Forum User
Has anyone installed rubicon express braces to their drop brackets after the brackets where fully installed? Just wondering if it is as easy at it seems. pull the 4 nuts of the back of the drop brackets, pull the 2 bolts out of the tranny cross member and toss 'em in. Is it really that simple or will I run into problems? TIA

I drilled out all the bolt holes a little to make easier to line up, there is also a lip on the back of the LCA bucket that needs to be ground down or cut flush but not a big deal.

there is also a lip on the back of the LCA bucket that needs to be ground down or cut flush but not a big deal.

Yeah... I missed that part. Oh well, they still work great!!!

It is really easy!! Took me about an hour to do both of them. Be sure not to tighten everything down until you have all the bolts in and nuts started. Not everything lines up perfectly, you know?

I installed my drop brackets at the same time I swapped my front axle. I had the jack stands between the tranny cross member and control arms, so I couldn't put the braces in when I did the drop brackets. I have the axle and DBs in already and I have been driving it a couple days. Now I need to put the braces in. Just wondering if anyone has installed the braces after completely installing the DBs. Want to know if this will be an allday job or not.

ur driving it without the braces? My biggest problem was the t-case hardware, who ever decided that there should be one facing in each direction with impossible to reach nut plates should be shot. In fact, mine wouldn't come out, we ended up welding the stupid bracket, crossmember and brop brakets on. The shims were a pia also and we eliminated the two rear facing bolts and welded those. I had it bolted in before welding and the support bracket bent in half. It was a clusterXXXX to say the least...something about the 01' model year maybe.

Back