• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

ebay headlights?

Well allready I can tell the guy is an idiot because of the years he mentioned them working with. I suppose they will work but IMO it's a stupid idea.

mtsz52784 said:
im just wondering if these headlights are worth it? not the price but the actual headlight with the "city lights"...

Generally speaking, you get what you pay for. For $30, don't expect much. If your looking to upgrade your headlights, look at www.rallylights.com. "Angel eyes" on an XJ would just look gay. Myself or 5-90 can give you some pointers if your looking for brighter, whiter headlights.

I wouldn't. Aside from the rice-boy aspect, I think you might find that those blue-tinted headlights do not actually give you more or better light than the regular halogen sealed beams. I'm not talking about the surround lights, but the headlights themselves. These are not the real deal like the Xenon bulbs in BMW's and Mercedes - they're just halogen bulbs with a blue jacket. If they really were Xenon lights, they'd need a separate bulb for the low beam, because the glare from them would be intolerable in a low beam. They may say Xenon, but they're not: they're fakes, and probably will result just in a colder-looking but less effective light than standard halogens.

Hahaha! Hadn't noticed that. I liked the descriptive words for the brighter, improved side. I don't want my headlights "crispy white", only my chicken. Mmmmm...chicken... :D

Dvipercop said:
Generally speaking, you get what you pay for. For $30, don't expect much. If your looking to upgrade your headlights, look at www.rallylights.com. "Angel eyes" on an XJ would just look gay. Myself or 5-90 can give you some pointers if your looking for brighter, whiter headlights.

This is absolutely true. I bought a set of similar housingsfor the hell of it just to take them out after one night. They are complete crap. It was almost scary driving at night with them. The light path was horrible on them and they are now just sitting in the box they came in. I'll stick with my Silverstars

mdl said:
Well allready I can tell the guy is an idiot because of the years he mentioned them working with. I suppose they will work but IMO it's a stupid idea.

Why? I believe that the full size Cherokee's used the same headlights as the XJ.

loke said:
Why? I believe that the full size Cherokee's used the same headlights as the XJ.

Its the later of the number. Also correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the late models use the same headlights?

I ordered these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=330031562057&ih=014&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT
Figured I'd give them a try for under 30 bones.The "city light",as far as I can tell,is just another parking lamp that is wired into your parking lamps,giving you parking lamps inside of your headlights....GAY!!! I'll definately leave that useless feature unhooked.
Haven't got them yet but I'll post my opinion here when I get them installed.Even if the bulbs are junk The housings take other bulbs so they're not limited to the bulbs they come with.The photometrics of the "projectors" and lenses are a different story.....we'll have to see about that.

Last edited:
outlander said:
I ordered these:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...m=330031562057&ih=014&sspagename=STRK:MEWA:IT
Figured I'd give them a try for under 30 bones.The "city light",as far as I can tell,is just another parking lamp that is wired into your parking lamps,giving you parking lamps inside of your headlights....GAY!!! I'll definately leave that useless feature unhooked.
Haven't got them yet but I'll post my opinion here when I get them installed.Even if the bulbs are junk The housings take other bulbs so they're not limited to the bulbs they come with.The photometrics of the "projectors" and lenses are a different story.....we'll have to see about that.

**UPDATE**
Just got done installing these because fedex took the liberty of distroying the first set.Besides the fact that you have to cut the hole in the headlight buckets larger to get these to fit(deeming these non plug and play) they went in alright.They definately have brighter more quality light than the yellow ass stock sealed beams.I wasn't expecting much because I only paid 24.00 shipped(bulbs included!!) for these but I'm happy...they look as bright as my girlfriends 97 honda's h4's.Just got back from a trip down a desolate,dark back country road and spotted a dear getting ready to have a dumbass attack and run out in front of me sooner than I would have with the sealed beams.I'm glad I didn't spend $70-80 for the delta h4 conversion...these work good for me.

The only other thing to note is the fact that the auction lists these as xenon's.They are not xenon's....just regular h4's.:(
Gotta love the power of false advertising....

Last edited:
Back