• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

E-Code with HIDs

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
I found a decent price on a set of HID conversions for the H4 style bulb. I was thinking of getting a set of e-code h4s for my 99XJ and using the HID setup.

How much better would this be compared to my silverstars? Worth the $125 its going to cost me?

Don't know about HID, but even the base 60/55 halogens/cheap e-codes were a marked improvement over my Silverstar sealed beams. Just putting in an upgraded harness can be a much cheaper improvement- whether you keep the sealed beams or go another route. ~$35 for the cheapest, up to $100+ depending on what you get and where.

Go for it.
I run E-codes and lame (low output) H4s - I'm stoked on this setup and plan to upgrade wiring + bulbs. I'm pretty broke to be going for HIDs.

Regardless of cost - two things I never regret are braking and lighting upgrades. You'll be glad you spent the money if you get HID light output.

i did my headlights in progressive order.... go-jeep harness and ipf's w/ parts store h4's... then hella high output bulbs... then finally HID.... each step was amazing in contrast to the last --i started w/ old faded silverstars--.

silverstar is NOT an option.... sorry, dont beleive the hype.

I have them in my Jeep right now, and aside from stupid dim (like most sealed beams), they've lasted a couple years. However, I do have some E-code housings and HIDs from Tony (tcm_glx) at BajaHIDs.com waiting to go in.

2 weeks? You've got problems.

Nah I think I'm just unfortunate. I've used them on the past 3 cars I've had, all of which I have owned for less than 2 years, and none of the silverstars outlived my owndership of the vehicle.

Dang almost 2 years??
I was lucky to make it a year!
But no more worries I got me some E-codes :cool:

Halogen housings, not HID housings. Why can't people understand this. Those housings were not made for those bulbs, all you are doing is blinding people!
The E-code housings are actually supposed to be pretty good at directing the light have a sharp cutoff to avoid blinding other drivers. Can't be any worse than the majority of the cars that came with em factory. :dunno: After I install mine I'll check them out for aiming and everything fairly thoroughly and we'll see. :)

Can't be any worse than the majority of the cars that came with em factory

Hahahahaha everything you have just mentioned regarding HID's is now null and void.

I'm not going to fuel a pissing debate, but halogens have there place, so do HID's. The two don't mix. That being said, do as you please - it IS your vehicle and no one elses...

Hahahahaha everything you have just mentioned regarding HID's is now null and void.
Good thing I don't really care bout your opinion. I never claimed to be an expert anyways.
So why don't you enlighten me then? ;)
I'm not going to fuel a pissing debate, but halogens have there place, so do HID's. The two don't mix. That being said, do as you please - it IS your vehicle and no one elses...
The point I was making had more to do with the fact that every BMW, Benz, Navigator, and Escalade blind me anyways.

Last edited:
Back