• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

YJ E Brake Cables??

tommyboy

NAXJA Forum User
So i just did a 9 inch swap and my e brake cables are super long and i want my e brake back of course and i did some searching on the situation than read something about passenger side yj e brake cables fit with some mods? Can you guys give me a little more info on the topic and/ or tell me what simple idea you 9 inch swappers used to keep your e brake. Much appreciated thx.

I don't know about if the yj cables work with the 9", but I know that running passenger side cables from a '95 yj work great with stock drums.

Try a search for brake cables on here, thats what i did when i was looking to upgrade and i seem to remember a bunch of threads about swapping in 9"

ya ive been searching and i dont ever get specific details in the threads i find so thats why i asked. i cant use stock e brake lines from the 35 at all?

I'm running 95 YJ pass side E-brake cables with 6" lift and they are almost too long! They work great with the Jeep drums and my neighbor runs them on his 90 XJ with a 44/9 set up,(rear drums) they work good for him as well. I got the idea from him.

Yes, buy (2) YJ passenger side E-brake cables. You will have to modify the balancer slightly where the 2 cables connect to the E-brake lever but its straight forward.

The problem is that pre 97 XJ's had the emergency brake under the tranny tunnell while the 97+ XJ's have it just in front of the drivers side rear wheel.

I had 95 passenger side brakes on my 93 with 8" of lift and they were plenty long. If you put them on a 97+ they are going to be to long...especially on the drivers side.

Back