• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Ruk industries tie rod flip kit ??

well its kinda wierd that they say they only flip the drivers side...i would think that you would HAVE to do both sides..

well its kinda wierd that they say they only flip the drivers side...i would think that you would HAVE to do both sides..

Nope,its quite common to just do the drivers side,to flip the passenger side you have to re-locate the trackbar.

anybody!!! would this help with steering ? would it be worth the time and money?? thank you have a nice day !!!!

read the info posted about it on its website...it should prolly tell you there, if it doesnt then i would say no it doesnt help steering

its not high steer it is just OTK (over the knuckle) if you fip the passenger side you will have to raise the track bar over the axle. and it WILL clear a 15" wheel

I e-mailed GoFerIt last year and they replied that theirs would NOT work with factory 15" Jeep wheels. If this one's somehow different, I'll get one, too.

maybe not factroy but what do you need otk sreeting for if you still have factory wheels? get some steel or any wheel with some backspacing and you will be fine

XJ's need one for the driver side only. Iv'e been using it for over a year now. Brings your tie rod to the top of the knuckle and gets it out of the way of the rocks.

I run 15" rims (aftermarket steel wheels) and they don't get near the tie rod end. Maybe with stock rims it may be close but I've never heard of anyone having an issue.

great upgrade. Goferit.com is where I got mine. Great guy.

XJ's need one for the driver side only. Iv'e been using it for over a year now. Brings your tie rod to the top of the knuckle and gets it out of the way of the rocks.

I run 15" rims (aftermarket steel wheels) and they don't get near the tie rod end. Maybe with stock rims it may be close but I've never heard of anyone having an issue.

great upgrade. Goferit.com is where I got mine. Great guy.
Hhhhhmmmmm??

Not trying to start anything, but what does still having factory wheels have to do with wanting/needing OTK steering?

Probably because you can't fit a large enough size tire on a factory wheel to do any type of wheeling that would require it. I ran the goferit driverside flip and a big daddy tie rod for awhile and it was way higher than stock and stronger too but the little tie rods now are your weak link and start to wear out and break/bend faster, I eventually went with JCR OTK and flipped the track bar above the axle. With either setup you will need to relocate at least one sway bar mount because the rod will hit.

Last edited:
Back