• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Makes you wonder "Who's next?"

I know what you mean times are hard and bad now. Don't look like things are going to get better anytime soon either.
Although I do know next week I will be paying a visit to Joe's and trying to take advantage of the sales.

Liquidation actually started today but everything that was on sale, not on sale anymore. Apparently the deals aren't so great. Not yet anyway...

Liquidation actually started today but everything that was on sale, not on sale anymore. Apparently the deals aren't so great. Not yet anyway...
Yeah thats one of the reasons I'm waiting til next week or maybe even longer wait til that get to the point where they just want to get it all off the shelves and not so worried about making proffit but more about at least breaking even.

Sportsmans warehgouse is going under as well. its all going to stay the same but they are planning on changing their name. some canadians bought them out and changing the name to something else. good time to stock up on guns and ammo

Sportsmans warehgouse is going under as well. its all going to stay the same but they are planning on changing their name. some canadians bought them out and changing the name to something else. good time to stock up on guns and ammo

The Canadian outfit didn't buy all the stores, just 'some'. The one up here hasn't re-stocked guns and ammo in quite a while now. They were in limbo, trying to figure out WTF was going on.

Do you REALLY want a pistol grip?

Mossy 500 at Big 5 is always a good deal. Pistol grips are great for movies and breaching doors. ;) Get a full length one. :D

Shotguns spread, on average, 1" for every yard of travel. Pistol grips from the hips are not accurate. If you need space, look for a side by side coach gun and store it in halves. :D

Shotguns spread, on average, 1" for every yard of travel. Pistol grips from the hips are not accurate. If you need space, look for a side by side coach gun and store it in halves. :D
X2 on the coach gun & practice reloading fast. I've been looking for a Stroger coach in nickle.

Last edited:

If you haven't been stocking up, your behind the game.
I was in Sportsman's weeks ago and there was NO ammo.
They say it's been this way since one month before the elections.
I've heard from others that it's the same story all around town.

The Canadian outfit didn't buy all the stores, just 'some'. The one up here hasn't re-stocked guns and ammo in quite a while now. They were in limbo, trying to figure out WTF was going on.

well yea they bought the stores close to the canadian border. My brother and roomate both used to work there and still got a few buddies who still do

If you haven't been stocking up, your behind the game.
I was in Sportsman's weeks ago and there was NO ammo.
They say it's been this way since one month before the elections.
I've heard from others that it's the same story all around town.

Went to Cabela's on black Friday. There was a 2 hour wait to LOOK at a gun at 8 am. To purchase one was at least that long a wait.

Back