• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Long arm

frozen chosen

NAXJA Forum User
I have decided to finally go with a long arm for my 96. I am going to order the IronRock kit and was wondering what else I might need, if anything to do this?
At this point I have a RC 4.5 full pack, SYE with FS, extended brake lines solid tierod from ironrock and I am running 31's.locked F/R 30/8.25.
I am upgrading to my new GY Silent armor 33x12.5's that I just got a great deal on due to a shop ordering too many of. I wanted the new BFG but the shops here said they could not get them at this time.
I would like to know also how much trimming I am going to have to do to my fenders. I was thinking also about spacers and new shackle mounts but it seems as though most people don't like to go that high.
This is my DD and sees trails on the weekends...
Any help would be great...

I've heard good things about the Iron Rock stuff from people who own it, and a whole lot of negative stuff from people who have never even seen it other that the pictues on the internet. The guys that run Iron Rock are good guys and they have great customer service.

I am planning on swinging by their shop in June to pickup their 6.5" kit. If you get it let me know how it is!

My jeep has been built from all parts from them.
1. Radiator
2. HVY Duty tie rod
3. 4.5 rough country full packs
4. H/T SYE with F/S
5. Cat back exhaust
6. extended brake lines

3.5" leaf packs with a 1" lift shackle and shackle relocation bracket,would have put you a little over 5". which is a good height for 33's. now your looking at 6" lift. with that kit your front is going to flex very well.you need that shackle relocation bracket to make the rear match it. whatever height you end up with. also heavier rated coils will make the rear flex even more. BDS,skyjacker are the heaviest. you didnt mention a adjustable trac bar! ironrocks makes a excellent one.don't trim until after the lift, flex it out and bump accordingly, good time also to measure droop and compression for proper fitting shocks. if your not comfortable with 6" of lift, you may consider sending 4.5" packs back for 3.5" packs.

I do have the adjustable trac bar double shear from ironrock also....too many mods to remember....Was thinking about shackle relocation if I used the spacers on the front but unsure of what to do...

4.5-5" is a good height for 33's. 3.5"leaf packs,shackle relocation and 1' lift shackle, puts you a little over 5",will sag a little over time.out front 4.5" coils and 1 extra stock coil retainer puts you at 5".or you can keep 4.5" packs,shackle relocation, 1" lift shackle and a taller spacer out front for a little over 6". again you will need to relocate shackle if you want it to flex. also consider that 3.5" packs will flex better than 4.5" packs, less arch! and at 6-6.5 your steering is getting maxed out also. in the end up to you.lower center of gravity IMHO is better lol.

I agree with the lower center of gravity... Just did not want to have to cut alot on my fenders and that is why I was thinking about that approach... I do have 1" shackles with this kit also...first thing I did na d first thing to forget... so 1""coils iso. on front will make me about level. Probably going that route... I wanted 10.5 tires but could not pass deal on these 12.5 and now working around rubbing when steering...

I'm at likely 5.5" (4.5" coils with 1.5" spacer, minus stock coil isolator) and haven't had an issues with rubbing yet with my 33x12.5s.

I do have the adjustable trac bar double shear from ironrock also....too many mods to remember....Was thinking about shackle relocation if I used the spacers on the front but unsure of what to do...

Why is it that people with the IRO track bars think that they are the only one that is double sheer?

IRO seems to be pretty popular with the ZJ/WJ crowd.

Personally I do not like their kits, due to their mounting, "adjust ability", and amazing arm clearance. But I just read that on the internet, so what do I know.

Back