• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-case problems

Beeb13

NAXJA Forum User
I have recently had issue's with going from 4 wheel drive to 2 wheel drive.
I put it in 4 and when I go to take it out it stays in 4 even if I push the lever all the way down.

I know if i put it in reverse it will shake it into 2 wheel drive but I just want to know what could be causing these problems.

Hallo. I do have that " problem "already for 8 years.
You have to put the auto in N and let roll the Jeep a little bit. And than wait... it's a Jeep.:dunce:. I don't think yours have a problem.

'92 XJ

its called playing chickenshit lol. put it in 2 wheel drive with the lever, then while still on the dirt just drive around it should just kick right back in. especially if your going from part time to 2 wheel.

Are all your tires the same size & Brand?
Slightly diffrent size tires front/Rear will bind up the drivetrain making it hard to shift out of 4WD

I have recently had issue's with going from 4 wheel drive to 2 wheel drive.
I put it in 4 and when I go to take it out it stays in 4 even if I push the lever all the way down.

I know if i put it in reverse it will shake it into 2 wheel drive but I just want to know what could be causing these problems.

Back