• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 5.5" coils

Tradesman300

NAXJA Forum User
Trivia question: Has RubiconExpress ever made a 5.5" coil for the XJ?

I have a guy who want to sell me a set of them, and on the RE site I only see, 3", 4.5", and 7.5" coils.

Looking at the RE website they make a 5.5" kit for the XJ, but it uses ZJ 4.5" Coils, so should expect these to be the ZJ 4.5" coils?

Tradesman300 said:
Trivia question: Has RubiconExpress ever made a 5.5" coil for the XJ?

I have a guy who want to sell me a set of them, and on the RE site I only see, 3", 4.5", and 7.5" coils.

Looking at the RE website they make a 5.5" kit for the XJ, but it uses ZJ 4.5" Coils, so should expect these to be the ZJ 4.5" coils?
yes but the zj v8 coils give around 1" over zj lift on an xj, so they could be called xj 5.5" springs.

The RE 1345 spring is marketed "ZJ4.5"/XJ5.5".

RCP Phx said:
The RE 1345 spring is marketed "ZJ4.5"/XJ5.5".

We must be looking at a different place, here is exactly what is says for the 1345 (copy/paste from RE's site):

RE1345 Coil Springs ZJ 4.5" Front - Front 4.5" lift coils for Grand Cherokee.

Tradesman300 said:
We must be looking at a different place, here is exactly what is says for the 1345 (copy/paste from RE's site):

Skullvarian said:
yes but the zj v8 coils give around 1" over zj lift on an xj, so they could be called xj 5.5" springs.

:dunno:

Hince, a 4.5" ZJ front coil, will give the XJ a 1" lift, so 5.5" for the XJ.

What they write on the webpage vs what they market are two different things. They sell it as an xj 5.5" coil all the time.

It's a great coil. I run it on my jeep and am beyond pleased with them.

-C

I think it should be great, getting it for a good price too, going to outperform the PORC coils I was looking at (and cost less!!)

Did I mention I am getting a good deal?

(I am a cheap bastard)

Tradesman300 said:

I was quoting from their Spring 2006 catalog.Does he have the bill of sale to confirm what they are?They should measure 23" long (unloaded).

RCP Phx said:
I was quoting from their Spring 2006 catalog.Does he have the bill of sale to confirm what they are?They should measure 23" long (unloaded).

THAT is a goldmine for me, the unsprung length is exactly what I needed. Thank you, sir.

Back