• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whats this part called?

X

XJ-4-life

I need to replace the passenger side piece that holds the hood closed. I dont know what its called, but its the piece on the hood that locks onto the little spring thing. Whats that called and where can I buy one?
Thanks,
Richard

latch, awesome.....now to track one down..... cant find it on jcwhitney.....anyone got a link?
thanks jneary!

Last edited:
I unfortunatly dont have a junkyard in the area, someone has to sell the thing. I have found the spring piece it locks onto just not the piece that does the locking.

hood pins..... {barf} LOL

although if I cant find the part, desperate times call for desperate measures...hehe

Hood Pin it till you get a latch, then JB Weld it when you get the latch. Never know what happened.

XJ-4-life said:
I need to replace the passenger side piece that holds the hood closed. I dont know what its called, but its the piece on the hood that locks onto the little spring thing. Whats that called and where can I buy one?
Thanks,
Richard
You can email Davey at [email protected]. Located on OH. He is a dedicated Jeep JY and can ship to you. Tell him what you need and he'll give you a shipped price. Top notch guy to do business with.

Thanks for posting all of you, I will be contacting davey's and jwjeep.com today!!!

Richard

Back