• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

jeep OE and other manufacture upgrades

I have been thinking a bit on the you know you drive and XJ when... thread. One thing that strikes me is the post that goes something to the extent of you bought your xj as a basic stripped down model and now it has all the offered options.

It got me to thinking of all the "upgrades" and "options" I have added to my XJ from other XJs, other Jeep models and even totally different makes/models. Heres my list on my 95 thus far:

From other XJs
Limited interior door pannels
late model electric fan
late model rear view mirrors
illuminated mirrored sunvisors
cruise control
OEM gas tank skid
RENIX era tire carrier
rear swaybar brackets as BPE
dash clock from a 91 (with the 4 places to put aux bulbs in)
front tow hook brackets
"wing" vent windows
01 XJ 8.25 axle
front drive shaft as rear
RENIX era retractable magnetic underhood light

From other Jeeps

TJ flares
ZJ rear disk brakes
ZJ proportioning valve
ZJ shifter handle
YJ front brake lines
MJ shackles
ZJ tie rod
ZJ pitman arm
ZJ 136 amp alternator

From other makes/models
ford taurus electric fan
S-10 Blazer tire carriers as tube doors
dodge dakota rear brake softline
bumper mounted off road lights from a hummer
chewy lumina Z34 hood vents

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. Does my heep qualify as a frankenjeep?

What do you guys got? Im not talking aftermarket stuff, just things that are on your rig that are/were offered OEM Jeep and other makes/models aplications.

ZJ Discs & coils, another coil isolator for 5/8" lift. Have a ZJ tie rod around but haven't installed yet.

I also used some 94 flares on my 97... amongst other things, pics dont really tell the half of it.

P1185129.jpg

Back