• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

wheel backspacing..

YeaItsSlo

NAXJA Forum User
i have a set of 32x11.5.. and i think that the rim has a backspacing of around 3 - 3.5 how much trimming will i need to do to get these to fit on my jeep? 3in of lift.. or should i not even bother with the rims i have now and go for some with 4+ backspacing?

Ive got 15X8 with 3.75' BS on them. 31x10.5 tires. No rubbing anywhere on the front. I did trim out my fenders F&R. Still rubs a bit on full stuffage in the rear, but not enough to do any harm. For the front, hammer back the pinch seam. Its mostly trial and error. Bumpstop accordingly.

4"+ back spacing will just bring them farther in, possibly causing rubbing on control arms and else where. Got any pics of your current problems?

12GaugeXJ said:
Ive got 15X8 with 3.75' BS on them. 31x10.5 tires. No rubbing anywhere on the front. I did trim out my fenders F&R. Still rubs a bit on full stuffage in the rear, but not enough to do any harm. For the rear, hammer back the pinch seam. Its mostly trial and error. Bumpstop accordingly.

4"+ back spacing will just bring them farther in, possibly causing rubbing on control arms and else where. Got any pics of your current problems?

fixed

rocklandxjer said:

Your an Idiot. :twak:

This pinch seam, that tires rub on. ON THE FRONT!

100_2672.jpg

The rears are already done like so. Make relief cuts, then hammer back.

100_2674.jpg

12GaugeXJ said:
You're right, Im the idiot. :(

:D :D
Fixed....again!!!

:roll: :roll:

Just take a BFH and beat that seam over and smooth out the inner fender well.

YeaItsSlo said:
so you guys take out the plastic innerfender? any problems with doing this?

Other than dirt and stuff getting clogged inbetween the fender and the body, I have not had a problem. You could trim up your plastic inner fenders, and reuse them. I ditched them, cause they seem worthless to me.

Back