• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

anyone have yakima racks?

epoxy_nc

NAXJA Forum User
i bought mine with no keys... and it has locks.

i called yakima and they said i need a master key to get the lock cylinder out so i can get the serial number on the side and get a key... and they are out of master keys for 4 weeks!

can anyone make me a copy or something and i'll pay for everything plus a few dollars?

Well if you r in NC you can get it done at Rei in Cary, or in Southern Pines at River Jacks, they both cary Yakima. I hope that helps cuase other than that I knowof no other way than Yakima, but I bet all the dealers have the key you speak of. JOE>

No, they have this master key that you use to install the locks, it takes the dummy out, I think. N.E. who the dealers have them as far as I know but you might be ablt to get them from Yakima. JOE>

You should be able to get a master key at any bike shop/ski shop that sells yakima racks, my bike shop that I worked at always had a ton hanging around from installs and such. The only problem is that you can only get the lock cylinders out with the master if the lock is in a particular position (locked or unlocked depending on what component) so you are pretty much screwed if none of yours are in that position...

Back