• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

SYE ON RUBICON 3.5 LIFT

FL. 2001 XJ

NAXJA Forum User
Just wondering, any advice? I just installed a 3.5 rubicon lift. Have big vibs.
dropped transfer case, installed shims on rear axle & still have vibs really bad vibrations. I am pretty sure I need a sye. just wondering if anyone has advice on which one i should go with, rubicon or rusty's? need one asap! I have had a bad experence with rubicon express getting parts on time.

Last edited:
Assuming you have a 2001 XJ, you (almost certainly) need an SYE and 4* shim with that lift. RE has always been great for me.

Edit: Did you make sure the rear pinion and the TC output are parallel?

Last edited:
ya it's a 2001. I really like the rubicon parts but, it took 5 weeks to get my lift and when I order it the said they had in stock and it at my house with in a week. maybe this was just a fluke! tryed to align pinion to tc could not get vibration to go away

I hope you mean pinion to drive shaft are =. You will also need a CV drive shaft to go with those mods. My wife has an 03 rubicon, it doesn't need a SYE.

Assuming you have a 2001 XJ, you (almost certainly) need an SYE and 4* shim with that lift.

Agreed...but every XJ is different. Later years are more susceptible to vibes due to longer yoke from tcase. I have the same lift on a 92...everyone told me I don't need one. they were wrong. Burned through 3 u-joints at the axle in 6 months even wth tcase drop. Wen't with AA SYE and a 6 degree shim...haven't had a vibe or replaced u-joint since. The Xj is going up another 1.5" next week...hope I don't need to realign everything again! Good luck!

Just wondering, any advice? I just installed a 3.5 rubicon lift. Have big vibs.
dropped transfer case, installed shims on rear axle & still have vibs really bad vibrations. I am pretty sure I need a sye. just wondering if anyone has advice on which one i should go with, rubicon or rusty's? need one asap! I have had a bad experence with rubicon express getting parts on time.

I put the same lift on my 97. I had bad vibes.

I'd say put the t-case back to the stock location (ground clearance) and get a SYE and double cardon shaft. I got a good deal, from Rusty's, on an Advance Adapters SYE and Tom Woods Shaft. They were excellent quality! I'd highly recomend Advance Adapters SYE. I was amazed at the precision.

I also used 4 degree shims, from Rubicon Express. Wile tightening it the threads ripped off one of the center pins before it even got fully snugged. The other one was fine (I guess it was just a bad one.).

RE charges quite a bit for shipping.

Last edited:
Back