• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

4.7 Stroker combined with aw4?

Speed_racer

NAXJA Forum User
My motor is on its way out, and Im soon to drop in a TitaN Engines 4.7 L Stroker, along w/all necessary upgrades....

Just a few questions...

The jeep is an 88, with the closed cooling system, i know i have to convert to the newer setup.... I am noticing a difference b/ween the motors offered for 87-90 and for 91+... Should i get a 91 style long block? or stick with the same block? and what exactly are the differences?

Lastly, i have a brand new aw4 in the rig, and 2 new ones in the garage, id really like to stick with that tranny, how well should it hold up with the stroker, and intake/exhaust upgrades? And will it bolt up?

Thx

BTW, tried searching.. but really cant find what im looking for.

yes it will bolt up. I dont think the engine mounts changed. yes the aw4 is very stout and will hold up jsut fine and remain bulletproof. I am not sure what year bare block would make a difference if there is any, i think in the 98 refreshening they tweaked the block somehow to make the piston slap less noticable and added different cam. The old renix engines and the 4.0 ho engines share the same block.

just for kicks whats the link to this titan engine place ? i would like to see there prices and options even though my engine is fine .... jsut for reference.

Difference in block would be the NVH I think is what they called it, but the noise, vibration dampening, and that came on the HOs? and distributorless's. The AW4 will take it, can handle up to 400HP but dunno about torque. Got a slight variation of this transmission in my Cressida, and it lays the power down with no problems.

Back