• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Best Heater Core Brand for Renix?

88XJSport

NAXJA Forum User
I need to change my heater core this summer, and I already read that the Advance Auto does not fit, and it looks like Autozone carries the same brand. If you have a Renix, what brand core did you replace yours with, and how much was it?

I need to change my heater core this summer, and I already read that the Advance Auto does not fit, and it looks like Autozone carries the same brand. If you have a Renix, what brand core did you replace yours with, and how much was it?

The 84-90 XJs/MJs all use the same heater core, OEM part number 4713125.

I already read that the Advance Auto does not fit, and it looks like Autozone carries the same brand.

I searched and found one post looking for cores that were US made and would fit. It would seem the dealer is the only source for those criteria.

I am aware that foreign made aftermarket cores may vary a little in nominal size or in the apparent quality of finish. Getting one that fits exactly is important, getting one that looks pretty isn't.

As for fit, one problem is that a core too large in one dimension can make it difficult to install - but we'd like to see evidence of that and some factual feedback. Photos would help. If there is a problem, it helps to know exactly what so we can be specific why. Then the parts managers, the real buyers of cores, can get on the factory's back with a substantive reason.

Otherwise, it's considered internet static and ignored. The parts industry already has a looonng history of customers who don't possess the necessary training, experience, and education, which includes understanding things don't always go back as easily as they came apart.

I get to deal with this daily across the counter, it is a fact of life for the business.

Back