• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Window rolls up really slow

Markos

NAXJA Forum User
My passenger side power window rolls up really slow. I'm wondering if the gears on the window regulator are starting to slip, or if this is a motor/current issue. I've had a regulator fail (while going through a carwash), and I don't recall the window slowing down to a crawl months before hand. My window has been slow for about 4 months now. Any suggestions?

I know all about the cotter pin regulator fix, etc. Just trying to determine if this is the problem before pulling the door panel off.

I had the same problem with my 95. I took off the door panel and I was surprised at how much dirt collects in there. I cleaned it all out including the track the window rides in and put a little lithium grease in it. All my windows run up and down in a hurry now. Really easy, just takes time to pull it all apart and clean it up. Hopefully its just that simple for you guys as well.

Back