• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recommended tall skinny mud terrain?

chpmnsws6

NAXJA Forum User
What tall skinny tire do you recommend? Looking for something along the line of a 33/35 inch tall tire in the 9.5-10.5 range.

Saw a guy on here building a nice rig with a set of 34's that took some grief over them, but I'm looking to do the same thing in the future.

the BFG 33 x 10.50 is a great tire.

^^^I'm with Ghost on that, great tire! I run the "old style" 35x12.50 BFG MT's for off road and plan on getting a set of the 33x10.5 for winter tires. I had a set a few years ago and wish I had them back.

Another vote for the BFG 33x10.50 MT.

You can get the Swamper Radial in 33x10.50 also, but the road manners wouldn't be as good as the BFG.

Super swampers are available in some tall skinny flavors such as: 32x9.5, 34x9.5, and 34x10.5
I run 32x9.5 and I am going to go up to the 34x10.5 next time

My friend runs the 11r16 michelins on his XJ. I believe he paid $340 for the set, they were slightly used. He has one ton axles though and has broken several shafts. He has to run 0psi in them to get the sidwall to flex even a slight amount. Good news is they ride amazing on the highway (no sidewall flex) and last forever it seems.

bfg 33x10.5 muds

nice!

I like them taller like a Q78 Swamper with 27/32" of tread and are 35.5" tall.

i run 34x10.5's for now. i'm looking at maybe some q's by the end of the summer.

Back