• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

engine swap problems

vozo112

NAXJA Forum User
ok so i kno this is a xj forum but i helped a friend finish up a motor swap today. its a 95 zj with a 5.2l. the motor was running good out of exactly the same vehicle. ok so we got everything back together and the motor wont start. just spent all day working on it so i was shot and really didnt start trouble shooting. it cranks, has fuel pressure. i kno it could b so many things but can u guys give me some tips of where to start. mayb some common problems. thanks!

With these new engines it's probably going to be one wire somehwere. Are you sure you have all the ground wires bolted down. BTW there is a section for tech not related to XJ's. You will probably be famed and have your post moved to that forum. Check all the wires and ground wires and let us know what you find out.

Have checked for spark,gas at the rail,and double check all the wire connections????

Ya know it's somthin simple...

Nick

yea i am thinking its gonna be something stupid like a wire or bad connection. grrr this is gonna be annoying i can tell right now. the plugs and wires are good. i dont believe that there is spark tho. as i was leaving he was checking but he isnt too bright so i gotta double check.

so yea figured it out yesterday. i guess i was just so frustrated from putting the car back together for 12 hours that i didnt double check my friend towards the end. he left the wire disconnected that goes to the ignition coil. started right up!

Back