• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D30 axle shaft Q

EFR98XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm about to buy a complete D30 for cheap. I am only using it for the shafts. It came out of a '90 and supposed to have vac. disconnect. I have a '98. Will the shafts from the '90 work with the '98? Thanks

No, and if they worked they would be a MASSIVE downgrade from what you have now.

You want shafts from a 91+ with ABS or any 97+.

No, and if they worked they would be a MASSIVE downgrade from what you have now.

You want shafts from a 91+ with ABS or any 95+.

fixed

you can use the short shaft and both stub shafts but, the long shaft is junk. I believe you can use the hubs too. if you are looking for trail spares take the stub shafts and bolt them into the hubs and throw them in with your spares and tools

if it has vac disconnect dont get them. but if it possibly came from a 90 with ABS and a 242 then they will be fine and the same as your current shafts. but if they are anything but that combo i stated, dont get them.

Back