• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need Opinions on lift

XJRunner

NAXJA Forum User
I'm most likley getting a Cherokee with a Fabtech 3 inch installed already. what do you guys think of this lift for pre running and jumping??

Thanks, Matt

heh heh

i think your in over your head...

if you wanna constantly jump an xj your going to need to get beefy everything. the stresses applied when landing from mid-air are crazy. youll be braking tie rods, knuckles, u joints, track bars, everything...

the fabtech lift looks pretty good, but for jumping id say hold off untill you do the necessary fabwork

you can do it, just get some soft shocks and soft springs so the land isnt too harsh...

I know I'm gonna do a cage and long arms with a trussed 8.25 or 9 inch and dana 30. But I just wanted to know if i needed to get a different lift. I was thinking of getting RE springs.

ahh, sorry, just didnt know that you were planning on other things, yea, the fabtech looks like a pretty good system to start with and build around. especially since they deal a lot with jeepspeed and prerunning.

good luck
i say do it

you get allowence... lucky....

i had to work, do you no how hard it is to make a profit delivering pizza in a lifted cherokee heh. gas eats all money....
get a state job man, easy and great money... at least here in NY

just remember, do it right the first time, dont think you need everything now... youll be tempted too, but youll wind up spending way more money than needed. if you cant get something, dont settle for something cheaper and less needed. and try to buy in bulk, i dont know your tech. skills, but if you need something installed, like gears... its better and cheaper to have it all done at once. i did my lift with a couple buddies, and im gettin one of my friends to do my gears, but if you dont no anybody, gears alone can cost over 1 grand. then the install of a lift, another 600-700..

Just
Empty
Every
Pocket

Last edited:
I'm kinda lucky, my dad builds hot rods and he has a 1942 Ford GPW war jeep with a 350 and 33s and such. He knows everything about cars, he's certified and he has a garage with a lift,lathe,mill,press,ban saw,3 welders,plasma AND A FRIDGE!!!haha so i'm kinda spoiled

Id say go with the 6" Full Traction LA Kit. When i was looking for a lift all the JeepSpeed guys told me that is was the best kit theyve ever run.

yeah they do.
http://www.deaverspring.com/DS_JeepProducts.htm

Alt of the guys are also saying to use National springs, they say the company is a lot nice and the ride better. but IDK i havent had experience with either. but i think im going to go with nation rear leaves pretty soon.

holy smokes their stuff is expensive. My bro has their springs on his bronco and they ride really smooth. but he got his in a trade. i wonder If i can aford them

yeah thats a nother reason people go with national, theyre stuff is a little cheaper.

Back