• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electrical hep...?..

rehberg79

NAXJA Forum User
I've had a problem develope with the 15 amp mini fuse in the box under the hood (its the 15 amp in the left front corner). I was leaving work this morning and noticed my remote would not unlock my doors..... thought ok, dead battery. Once i opened my door had no dome lights. Then started the heep and have no gauges, speedo, tach, oil, temp, volt, gas and the radio also doesn't work. Found a blown 15 amp fuse in the distribution center under the hood. I replaced, later I went out to run to the store and some thing 15 amp fuse was blown.

Does any one know where this circuit runs? any Ideas what to look for?

Thanks Mat

I've got a service manual for the 99. Looks like there are (6) 15A fuses in the Power Distribution Center,
F16 Transmision control Module, Inst Cluster, Radio, L & R Courtesy Lamps, Under Hood Lamp, Overhead Module, L & R Visor lamps.
These are also 15A fuses but from your discription the trouble is in the F16 fuse path.
F20
F22
F23
F24
F25

Could a bad ground cause a fuse to blow? I had one go this morning and it happened when i hit a pothole.

Mat

Bad ground should not cause a fuse to blow. A fuse blows when too much current flows thru it. If a wire shorts to ground (frayed or pinched) between the fuse and the light or motor or whatever it's supposed to operate, that is a "short to ground". That makes the fuse blow.

Bad ground should not cause a fuse to blow. A fuse blows when too much current flows thru it. If a wire shorts to ground (frayed or pinched) between the fuse and the light or motor or whatever it's supposed to operate, that is a "short to ground". That makes the fuse blow.

Yeah that's what I thought. From the looks of it I'm going to tracing a Pink and yellow wire tomorrow. I hate wires!

Back