• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Cracked thermo. housing

LilRhodyXJ

NAXJA Forum User
SH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!T!!! i was taking out my thermostat today to get rid of the shitty 180 the person before me put in and replace it with a 195... as i was doing this i noticed antifreeze come out before i took the hosuing compltly off..after taking it off i saw there a huge chunk cracked out of the bottom!! i need one faster then ASAP because i have a class tomorrow at 2 pm there are two junk yards in bike riding distance from my house and i need to kno what year jeeps with 4.0s i can get mine out of...mines a 2000, i need to kno what year and models i can get it out of
can i get it out of a gc 4.0, wrangler 4.0?

im stressin so please help me out
Andrew

They should technically all work. But you would need done from 91+ to get the threaded hole that the temp sender goes in. I got mine at the dealer for $19 about a year ago.

I've been able to go get a RENIX housing at a store, and they're a little rarer - so a well-stocked local should have one on the shelf. Try calling around - NAPA or the smaller locals are a bit more likely.

Most of the "big chain" stores seem to cater to the small block V8's and the "sport compacts" (A/K/A: Riceboys) around here, so I'm not sure just how useful they'll be...

5-90

just through it in

got as new thermo, thermo housing, and gasket for 18 bucks i ordered it at 9 it was there at 11 i installed it and im already at school and class starts at 2!!!

:laugh3:

thanks for the help guys

Back