• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Good ring and pinion manufacturer.

REX J

NAXJA Forum User
Anyone know of good gear manufacturers? I was planning on buying some Yukon 4.11's for my 33's (5spd) but can't find them anywhere. Are there any other options for high quality 4.11/4.10's? Don't really want to go up to 4.56's with a 5spd and 33's since I do a lot of the highway thing.

I also second Randy's Ring & Pinion. Plus, I would reconsider going to 4.56's instead of 4.10's. With 33's and a 5 spd, you won't have any issues on the highway. I've got 32's, 4.56's and a 5 spd; and I'm rather happy with that set up, even on the road.

You never really hear anyone say that they geared too low......

Ivan,
what's rpm's you running at highway speeds??
Randy's has the Yukon 4.56's for the chryco and I kind of want to stick with Yukons. Paul at national drivetrain says he has some motive 4.10's. How's Motive???

Last edited:
For 33's and highway driving, I'd go 4.88. You'll get better mileage with the 4.0 spinning a little fast than with it working a little hard.

Cool. Motives sound good as well. I know a million people have asked this, but is a 5spd better set up for 4.10/11's with say a 33 than 4.56's. Can't find anyone who can give a clear and exact answer on what the rpms are at highway speeds for both ratios.

Ivan,
what's rpm's you running at highway speeds??
Randy's has the Yukon 4.56's for the chryco and I kind of want to stick with Yukons. Paul at national drivetrain says he has some motive 4.10's. How's Motive???

In 5th at about 70, I'm at 2700 rpm. Not a strain on the engine by any means, and it seems to be in the "sweet spot" for power. Again, that's with 32's, so the rpms should be less for you with 33's.

Only reason I suggest 4.56's is because all the people I know that went to 4.10"s wish they had stepped up one notch.

I've also got 33s with an 8.25 rear, a D30 front, and an AX15 5spd. I ran this combination for a year with 4.10s, then stepped up to 4.56 gears. Seriously, you'll be much happier with the 4.56 gears over the 4.10s. If the 4.88s were available when I regeared, I'd have probably gone with them.

Back