• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

electrical issues

wvredxj

NAXJA Forum User
I posted this in modified because the jeep is highly modified, and i am at the end of this damn build and ready to go and am having some last minute issues. First major thing is the gauge cluster does not work at all. I have lights, dimmer, idiot lights, but no gauges, and no odometer. I have removed the cluster several times as well as the entire dash, but to no avail. My main question is what makes this work. I have checked the f17 fuse, as well as the ground above the oil filter. What else?

Next the fuel pump will not run with the doors closed. I didnt notice this, because the jeep has been without doors the entire build. If the front doors are open the pump runs.

There are alot of unpluged, unneeded items on the jeep. No emisions, no overflow, relocated battery, no airbags, etc. But everything worked for mockup and before paint, so i am not sure what is going on.

here is a pic just show i am not a hack job.

DSC02148.jpg

DSC02146.jpg

thanks for any help.

i guess the jeep is just giving us a fight, because it knows whats going to happen soon. Ended up being a small fuse in the junction block under the hood....oh well.

Still battling the fuel pump problem. Any ideas?

no its not that. I can have the door open and hold down on either of the door sensors (little plungers in the a piller) and the motor will quit.

Back