• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Genuine Gears ????

personal experience. people always say theyre craptacular and loud. ive wheeled/driven on mine for about 9 months. they were loud as hell during the break in period, but became silent afterwards. i havnt broken them and they seem to be holding up well without issue thus far. with that said i wouldnt choose to buy them again simply based on so many other peoples negative experiences. but they have served me fine

i just installed a set of 4.88s by genuine gear in my d30/44. at first i was a little reluctant to go with genuine gear but so far so good. you can get a sweet deal on them from dc4wd. i got 4.88 ring and pinions and master install kits for both axles all for $330.00 shipped.

lincoln

i just got them the other weak, so far they are a little loud but i dont even have 300 miles on them and they are starting to make a little less noise. I was also reluctant to use them but DC4wd.com gave me a steal and they have a lifetime warranty so i figured why not? Be mindful however I am 17,so noise isnt of great importance and I have never really driven a car that has been regeared except for my buddies 02 gt stang.

the WORST gears made up to about a yr ago. Given they were the same sets as the yukon cheapies, and superior cheapies, as well as others cheapies. But just recently they started to offer the better line also.

Would I run them HELL FIN NO!!! Never again!

Gernaded a 4:56 with 33's in a TJ twice!

SO swapped to superiors better line and never had another prob.

Also ran Yukons prem. line a few times, and now with yukon prem in the fron D30 and then what I have to say is the best made gears out there, Motive. SO MUCH better then the yukon prem.

Keep in mind there are basically two levels of gears that MOST ALL manuf. buy and package. Cheap and good. Thats all just two pretty much. But then theres those like Motive that add more material where it can be helpful.

My motice 8.8 pinion had about 25% thicker shaft in like 50% of the shaft area! and the ring gear had a much better radius and more amtterial then the Yukon prem I replace them with.

Remember you get your moneys worth when it comes to gears!!!!!!

Back