• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Leaking fuel injectors...

98XJSport

Destiny is the rising sun
All I need to do to get my 98 running is get the stupid fuel injectors to seal. Most of the leaks seem to stem from the fuel rail connection. Ive tried all new orings, no luck. Anybody have any tips/tricks to get these to seal up? Usually seems to be the 4+5 cylinders, although after priming the pump a couple of times other leaks seem to appear at random. 98 4.0...

Get your self a nylon bore brush, I think one for a .410 shotgun or .45 caliber will do and clean the fuel rail bores.

Each and every time you install injectors, coat the o-rings with fresh motor oil so they don't get damaged when installed. This is very important for the injector to head o-rings but is also a good idea for the fuel rails o-rings.

I used a ton of petrolium jelly every time, its almost like the fuel rail wants to pull them up at an angle if that makes any sense.

Back