• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Interior Spare Tire Mounting Questions

MadPikAvenger

NAXJA Forum User
So up until now I've been pretty much running without an adequately sized spare. Since I'm in the process of buying new tires however I plan on using one of my old tires as a spare, or I may just buy a new for a spare if I decide to go with a different size. currently I have 275-70r16 (31.2 inch) on and looking at buying some 265/75r16 (31.7") I believe. I've searched around and found that 31.5's will more or less fit in the stock location. Have any of you guys come out with another way of mounting your spare inside the vehicle? (I'm not to fond of it on the roof and don't really have the $$$ to shell out for a bumper mounted option.)

Any pics of what you guys have come up with would be awesome!

Well here is how I mounted a 35 and will fit a 37. Not any cheaper than a tire carrier bumper though.

DSC04114.jpg

I guess I'm looking for something a little more basic, I'm considering just strapping it down to the floor but was wondering if anyone had any interesting ways of incorporating it into cargo storage or a cargo rack in the back.

Back