• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

t-case drop mount?

moparjim1987

NAXJA Forum User
everyone is going for a t-case x-member drop, why couldn't you make a drop mount? i think i need a t-case drop, cause i have some vibes at 30 mph and up. i have 2 deg. pinion shim on my springs, and I'm sure that w/o it, it would probably be worse. any and all input on this matter would be appreciated.

You can easily make your own. Get some 1x1 box tubing, cut to lenght, and drill.

He's talking about a shorter mount, not actually dropping the crossmember.

I asked about that a while back, but only a few manufacturers are setup to make such a mount. By all means, let us know if you find somebody that can/will!

Billy

no, jeepfreak is right, i was trying to avoid dropping the t-case x-member. i have a tomken t-case skid plate and would like to keep it tucked up underneath the heep, which i assume is the whole point of a skid plate.

rustys makes one, check it out

He's talking about a shorter mount, not actually dropping the crossmember.

that's such a great idea. i can't believe i hadn't thought of that. :rolleyes:

That would be a heck of a small mount, might as well put a rubber pad on top of the crossmember and bolt right to it then. I think a mount that size would be too small, but who knows. I have seen some other posting on here where someone modified the stock mount and cut the middle out of it to drop the mount down and reinforced it by plating the bottom or something. It just seems to me more logical to modify the crossmember than the mount, thats why it didnt even occour to me thats what you were thinking.

Last edited:
Bringing this one back a little.
Would it be possible to raise the motor mounts a little so it would lower the rear of the trans a bit? I know the transfer case drop adds a little stress to the motor mounts why not reverse the equasion?

when i did my lift, i installed 2 deg. shims, and i think it is better than if i didn't put them in at all. i have a 1" t-case drp i'm working on right now. so we'll see how it goes.

Back