• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

DANA 44 Full spool

get a lunch box locker. because there is some give on the turning. and ur tires will last a lil longer

Come on man....WTF???? I wanted a simple answer not a sarcastic responce.............I know they are not RECOMENDED for the street but does anybody use one with a big sidewall tire like 35 x 12.50 x 15 and is it really THAT bad? I was going to go aussie locker but for the money and strength a full spool gives................................................:confused:

I am guessing that he is talking a rear axle. You will be fine. Tires will go quicker. Cornering on wet roads are a little interesting. People look at you funny when your tires chirp while your parking. It takes more power to move when you are at a full lock because one tire has to break loose. I knew a guy that did it with a 60+ mile daily comute into downtown portland. He said that he went through clutches more quickly, mind you that he was driving an 80's 4runner with 33's and stock gearing.

go detroit! and dont waste your money on a full spool when you can just weld it.

I run a spool, 35 x 12.5 x 15, 4.56. I'm really happy with the setup, but I would grow tired of it on a DD. I usually trailer it. It is terrible on wet curvy roads.

Back