• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New front bumper, what to do with the Charcoal Canister?

jdunning

NAXJA Forum User
The title really says it all. Got my new bumper, painted it up with some bedliner stuff and I'm ready to install. Reading through some instructions for XJ ('99 4.0) front bumper removal, it shows the charcoal canister mounted to the inside of the stock beam.

Where does this guy live after the new bumper is installed?

Thanks for the help.

-josh

anywhere you can fit him.
I just took off the hose, routed it up into the engine bay and plugged it back in.
it sits near my battery

i just removed my bumper off (it's damaged badly) and i found that the bumper crushed this thing, so it's broke too. it was in there for many many miles. jeep runs fine. will it be ok if i just plug off the lines?????

Yes, that's the vacuum reservoir, not the charcoal canister.

Mine doesn't have it anymore and the only wierd thing I noticed is that my blower motor cuts off if I at more than 1/2 throttle, don't know if that is the cause or not.

You can add with a splice, fuelhose length, and move where ever. Mine sits below the radiator and tied in with zip-ties.

Correct, its the vacuum canister, not charcoal canister.

Mine doesn't have it anymore and the only wierd thing I noticed is that my blower motor cuts off if I at more than 1/2 throttle, don't know if that is the cause or not.

It doesn't shut off, it defaults to the defrost vents. You have a vacuum leak, or you have no way to store vacuum anymore, which shows up most when your engine isnt making vacuum at more than 1/2 throttle. For safety reasons, when your HVAC system looses vacuum it defaults to the defrost vents.

Back