• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bad problem

PBach25

NAXJA Forum User
Ok. Put on 6.5 inches of lift, 94 XJ, Auto tranny, 4.0. 1 inch drop t-case until the SYE arrives. The slip yoke looks pretty maxxed out but hard to say. I cant even drive it. The transfer case hops around, almost violently. You can see it move up and down quickly as the drive shafts rotate. The only thing I can think of that is causing this is the lack of an SYE. But I've never heard of this problem being so severe. Any other experiences with this?

The bigger the lift means the bigger the problems. and since you only have a 1 inch drop and no shims right? then ya id venture to say its becuz the sye is not installed

The bigger the lift means the bigger the problems. and since you only have a 1 inch drop and no shims right? then ya id venture to say its becuz the sye is not installed
Yeah..no shims. I'm 99% sure that's what it is but I just want to see if anyone has run into the same thing. I've never seen it this dramatic before and I just started to panic......a little. I can't imagine it being anything else.

Well your case is moving because your U joints are in a bind at that lift.. I would recommended you not to drive it or you might damage the output shaft on your T case. Find your angle of your drive shaft to your out put yoke and Pinion on the axle. Search on line and find whats the Ideal Angle you should have.

DONT DRIVE IT!!!

Back