• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

no lock right available for 8.25 29 spline???

soarhead25

NAXJA Forum User
So looking at the powertrax/lockright website, there is not a lockright unit avalable for the 29 spline 8.25, but there is for the 27 spline. I can put a lockright in my front dana 30 though.

Why doesn't richmond make a unit for my diff?

Is it a pouplar combo then to do a lockright up front, and a powertrax in the rear?

I would think that you would want the opposite- the powertrax up front, which is smoother to disengage/quieter, helping turning radius, and the lock right in the rear. With what I know about gears/lockers, that is what makes sense to me-

Can you guys school me on the bang for the buck/makes sense method to upgrade a 29 spline 8.25/dana 30??

Also want to go to 4.56 at the same time-running 31"s now, but will likely go to 32/33 when they wear out-

simple answer, the only lunchbox locker for a 29 spline 8.25 is the no slip.

When you are in 2wheel drive, the front locker is invisible, while the rear still engages when ever you give it throttle. The no slip has excellent manners to be in the rear of a daily driver. the smooth unlocking vs the lockright on the street is alot better.

i recently put a loc rite in my front and have a no slip for my 29spline 8.25 sitting at home...the loc rite is invisible (handling wise) on the road.. it makes some ticking noises when u make a sharp turn and clunks onc in awhile but nothing to unbearable

hope this helps
andrew

Ex CCS Racer said:
Aussie's coming out with a "Lock-right" style locker soon. For now the most economical is the Powertrax.

FYI, I emailed them about a month ago. The 8.25 29 spline Lock Right wont be out till next summer....MAYBE.

They focused on D60s this year.

lobsterdmb said:
simple answer, the only lunchbox locker for a 29 spline 8.25 is the no slip.

incorrect. There is a Detroit EZ locker available for the 29 spline. I have one that i'm running.

its practically the same design as a no-slip

Back