• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

new bumper

bowhunter1227

NAXJA Forum User
my new jcr is finely showing up Fri. and I still have no idea were I'm going to relocate my horns. I know this sounds trivial but i like my horn. so if anybody has a good answer I sure would appreciate it.

If you modify the brackets a little, you can swing them up and in so the horns end up behind the triangular shaped fender supports. I switched the horns left to right and right to left so the openings weren't prone to getting water in them in their new positions. Don't know if you already ditched the fender liner, but if you cut it to match the lines of the fender support brackets, the horns tuck up behind it nicely.

If you modify the brackets a little, you can swing them up and in so the horns end up behind the triangular shaped fender supports. I switched the horns left to right and right to left so the openings weren't prone to getting water in them in their new positions. Don't know if you already ditched the fender liner, but if you cut it to match the lines of the fender support brackets, the horns tuck up behind it nicely.

I did the same, except I cut some thin sheet metal & bolted it to the support bracket. JIM.

I put mine inside the engine bay behind the airbox. just used one of the holes that was already there and screwed the nut in from under the fender. It's away from mud and the sound isn't muffled at all.

when I took it to the body shop I had them repair every thing to OEM minus the bumper and the tow hooks. I've been waiting to trim Intel I have the bumper in hand.

now I need a link to wire my new winch. I had a cradle made for the winch so I can run it off the front bumper or the rear receiver. I would like to run something like a three way Marine switch?

great responses so far! thanks again, Jeff

Found a couple of pics.
You can sort of see the plate to block mud & water.

HPIM0173.jpg

HPIM0172.jpg

JIM.

Back