• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

full width DD

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
been kicking around the idea to go full width. the down fall is that its my D.D. whats the pros and cons of a full width DD?
what year axles do i need? craigs list had a 79 truck for 500 4wd. is there a mix if cast and welded wedges in that year? or are they all welded? is the rear axle desirable to?

If you're talking about F150 or Bronco axles, it will be a high pinion Dana 44 front and Ford 9" rear. The front will have cast radius arm wedges (78/79 model year).

I started my rig with a Scout II D44 rear and had it cut down, then I bought my full size 76 Ford D44 front. After I saw the stance I ended up putting spacers on the rear to bring it back out. I ended up putting BW flares on to keep down the traffic stops and haven't had an issue yet. I would also consider making some tube fenders for it and think it would look good.

MOAB20081004002.jpg

Depends on year 76 or 77 is the most desirable for f-150 or 78-79 ford f-250 as the f-150 has weld on wedges and the f-250 has cast in leaf perches that have to be cut off... either way plan on spending some dough Im into my front and rear 44s for about 1200 and still have steering, wheels, front and rear driveline to do... so about 1500 to 2000 is about right and I only paid 325 for both front and rear axles combined...

themud

Back