• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

T-case and SYE

userbmx1315

NAXJA Forum User
found one for $300. should i get it? only has about 3000 since the sye and newchain. i'm at 7" of lift and stock drive train. or are there better deals out there?

I bough mine with 80k after rebuild and sye for $175.

Check out the price of a new chain, an SYE of your choice and go from there. I take it your current TC is a 231?

Does it come with driveshaft? Gotta factor that in even if its a front one in the rear.

i have a front shaft already. i havent priced a new chain but the 'cheapest' SYE i've seen was 200 not shipped. plus the chain ($$$).
figured i could sell my old case to make some money back on it. so maybe loosing $150? depending what i can get out of my old case. so figuring that i could really come out even in the long run.

btw. yes mine is a 231.

I dont think a front shaft will work on 7" of lift.

I'm at 6.5" with a 231 and dana 44, front shaft almost (but not quite) reaches, but if you were to compress the suspension at all it would seperate the halfs.

doesnt a zj have a longer shaft? i'll have to measure the actual lift. its RE 5.5 springs front and back 1.5 shackle and 1.5 spacer in front.

Back