• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

AFE XJ Intake + Extra Battery?

selarep

NAXJA Forum User
I has seen a pic recently where AFE made an intake kit with a stubby filter in the air intake box and in the front of the box you could mount a group size 34 battery.
Any one else seen this?
I should be on top of this as this is my job, but I can't dig up any info.

Wait... found it!
It's not XJ specific but I think I can make this fit.
getfile.php

I contacted AFE, they do not make one that will fit at all, the ones that have the extra battery built into it are for Ford Diesels and run $300+.

My question to you guys:

Is there a big enough of an interest for me to start making a kit like this for the XJ?

(I would sell it with the filter, box, mounting kit, and intake tube as a base option, the premium option would be with a Optima or Orbital battery included)

What would you pay for a complete kit? Be reasonable.

I would go for it if it were 100-150 range without the battery

Ya Id go for it if it for about a 100 if it was a nice setup with a good heatshield w/o the battery. Although i just put my intake in the passenger side cowl area and closed off both the driver and pass cowl and it works as well if not better then any aftermarket intake. cost about 55$ total. 45$ for the AEM Dry Flow cone filter and roughly 10$ for the ABS piping from home depot and a few hose fittings from any auto parts store to get the emissions hooked back up and it works great.

That opens up more room where the airbox is so i can fit 2 batteries there since im relocating the original to replace with an oba setup

That set up is to fit the stock second battery for a F250 it does not add a mattery to the F250...

I contacted AFE, they do not make one that will fit at all, the ones that have the extra battery built into it are for Ford Diesels and run $300+.

My question to you guys:

Is there a big enough of an interest for me to start making a kit like this for the XJ?

Might be willing to pay a little extra for a battery kit with a selector/isolator for the batts. Marine style, ya dig?

Might be willing to pay a little extra for a battery kit with a selector/isolator for the batts. Marine style, ya dig?

I dig I dig... Thanks for the input guys.

wow do you mean i actually know something selerep doesnt?!... sorry ur too late on the relocation kit

http://www.madxj.com/MADXJ/technical/technicalfiles/ARbattRelocation/BattRelocation.htm

next time try google like you tell me to do. :gee:

You're... Wow. You can't even understand the basic idea of what I am talking about.
Just hush it.

109060-md.jpg

That's half the idea, but have it all pieced together with an intake set up.
Add the piece above with the piece below.
GarageSale_1191341333_17118_82_1.jpg

That but have a stubby filter and the battery tray, all built into one piece.

So MaxxXJ, just hush.
I know of the diesel battery tray set up, I ran one before.

Last edited:
Back