• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

keep bending drag link

kahaikapu

NAXJA Forum User
Aloha all..I got a 87 xj with about 8 inches of lift..im running 33..got rustys steering brace along with c-rok box reinforcment plates
ive been bending my drag link..TWICE...not the tierod..
im thinking of replacing with a currie set up..wat yall think...thx stan

I have the currie, a defently big upgrade in strength. I am thinmking your problems are geomerty related with the 8" of lift. I doubt you would bend the currie but it may not work much better than stock. I would suggest a combination of currie and a drop pitman arm. the drop pitman arm will make a world of difference.

agreed on angle make sure geometry is correct i have stock drag link and it has held up fine (knock on wood) ... pitman arm etc or go with a 1 ton set up or eliminate with otk if you got the bones

with the currie at least on mine it is almost level although I would get a goferit flip on the drivers kuckle I think you are good.

Well after checking all angles i foung after turning fully right my tierod hits the stock swaybar mount on axle(pass side) causing my link to bind... CAUSING the drag linkto bend AHA..thx all..time to do some cutting.
i wonder if i could use those longer weld on brackets from rusty's?
anyways Thx all Stan

Can you fab stuff up on your own? If so, this might be the route to go, it will help your steering angles too. 1 ton installed over the knuckle.

otk.jpg

Can I ask why you are at 8" to run 33"? They must look like donuts underneath there. I am at 5.5", probably 5" with bumpers and winch and my 35" are starting to look small. I am am definately guessing it has to do with the geometry, if you don't want to spend for the currie, drop it a few inches and get Poison Spyder's drag link reinforcing plate and adjuster sleeve. I am runing both with a rusty's tierod and while the drag link angle limits my flex, it has held up to 35"s very well.

Back