• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Grand GC seats 99-04 into 2000 XJ

92DripCherokee

NAXJA Forum User
99-04 Grand GC seats will fit the tracks of a 1997-2001 XJ, a well known fact.

But will the GC power seat mechanism and seat heaters separate from the seat? I'm just after the cushy cushions, Going to do the simple swap, no power options getting rigged.

Needing extra support for my wife's expanding hindquarters. She's 4 months pregnant, and needing a better seat for the next 2 months. She gets decommissioned at 6 months, no more driving.

Going to do the simple swap, no power options.

The power seat movements for back and forward stay with the pedistal, if you bolt the WJ seats onto the XJ pedisatl then you will still have the manual sliders front and back. You will not however be able to recline the seats as that option is built into the seat, so adjust them where you want them and leave it, or rig up a spare window switch for just that purpose.

The heater elements stay in the seat, but you won't be able to use them. The heaters are controlled via the BCM(if memory serves correct) in the WJ, but the XJ has no BCM. The Xjs that have heated seats have a heated seat control box under the passenger seat, you would need this controller, the switches, and some wiring time to get that to work.

Alternatively the Durangos with heated seats(which are much more common than XJs with heated seats) have the same switches and control box, you could also use these to control the heated seat elements.

thanks zluster, for this info.

The heaters are integrated, that was important to know. I might have tried get them out, with ugly results.
I didn't know the dodge durango shared seat controls with the grand.

I'll have to jumper some power into the seat back motor to set its angle, without doing some accidental DC arc welding.

thanks zluster, for this info.

The heaters are integrated, that was important to know. I might have tried get them out, with ugly results.
I didn't know the dodge durango shared seat controls with the grand.

I'll have to jumper some power into the seat back motor to set its angle, without doing some accidental DC arc welding.

No reason to remove the heaters, just leaving them inplace is the same as if they were never installed.

The Durango parts aren't shared with the WJ, but can be used as a standalone cntroller for heated pads. You could the same Durango parts, and generic heated pads, to make a heated lawn chair. Basically using the xj or the Durango parts gives you a way to cobble the oem looking controls with the same functionality with junkyard parts.

99-04 Grand GC seats will fit the tracks of a 1997-2001 XJ, a well known fact.

But will the GC power seat mechanism and seat heaters separate from the seat? I'm just after the cushy cushions, Going to do the simple swap, no power options getting rigged.

Needing extra support for my wife's expanding hindquarters. She's 4 months pregnant, and needing a better seat for the next 2 months. She gets decommissioned at 6 months, no more driving.

Going to do the simple swap, no power options.

Yeah dude they'll fit BIGSLVRXJ has them in his green Jeep they are comfy as hell!

Cool. I Should have typed WJ instead of GC

Its cool i knew what you meant. all he did was unbolt them from the WJ brackets and bolted them to the XJ brackets.

Back