• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

limiting strap mounts

Mine run to the middle of the axle in front, from tabs on the bottom of each frame to tabs in the middle of the axle. This is a combination of limit straps to protect the shocks and limiting the droop on the trail for climbing. I put a twist in the straps to shorten them for trail running, and can put one more twist in them for climbing.

Mine run to the middle of the axle in front, from tabs on the bottom of each frame to tabs in the middle of the axle. This is a combination of limit straps to protect the shocks and limiting the droop on the trail for climbing. I put a twist in the straps to shorten them for trail running, and can put one more twist in them for climbing.

I see how this would help for unloading, but how does it work for limiting side to side? Seems to me that it's still going to limit on the shock

I see how this would help for unloading, but how does it work for limiting side to side? Seems to me that it's still going to limit on the shock

This is a trail rig. For most go fast stuff you're going straight ahead so the axle drops out mostly level, and the center limits it before the shocks top out. Not perfect, but good enough for the shorter fast runs we make to the trail heads. For pure desert running I'd move them and run each side seperately. For trail work limit straps aren't needed.

This is a trail rig. For most go fast stuff you're going straight ahead so the axle drops out mostly level, and the center limits it before the shocks top out. Not perfect, but good enough for the shorter fast runs we make to the trail heads. For pure desert running I'd move them and run each side seperately. For trail work limit straps aren't needed.

In the days of running cheap shocks with standard round BPE mounted shocks, your right.

Aluminum body, aluminum bungs $160 a side. I'd feel better a little knowing they're limited. I can't believe they're getting $50 for the pair these days. What happened to the $14 a side :dunno:

No reason you couldn't run straps on the outside, and also run them to the middle if you were that concerned about it. The middle is for better trail performance, the outside is to protect the shocks in the go fast stuff. Depends on what you do.

you explained that really well...but im a visual person. Do you have any pics?

Back