• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Sea Foam, MMO, something better??

jeepman121

NAXJA Forum User
Pretty sure I have a sticky lifter (95 4.0) and was wondering which is the best product to use.
Secondly does anyone have the labor hours/parts cost to do all new lifters??

We will throw a quart of trans fluid in the oil and run it for a little while, drain and refill with new oil. works about 50% of the time as long as the lifter is not damaged.

I'll usually change oil and sub a full quart of MMO for a quart of oil if I suspect a badly sticking lifter.

Parts? Head gasket set, twelve lifters, and a set of head screws is recommended.

Labour? It can be done in an after-noon, if you let the engine get dead cold first.

I'll usually change oil and sub a full quart of MMO for a quart of oil if I suspect a badly sticking lifter.

Parts? Head gasket set, twelve lifters, and a set of head screws is recommended.

Labour? It can be done in an after-noon, if you let the engine get dead cold first.
Thanks! Nice to hear from the great and wise 5-90!

Back