• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

weird problem

poppacap

NAXJA Forum User
2001 cherokee classic. for no apparent reason and without warning my stereo and power windows will die, turn the car off and back on once or twice and works great until it goes out again, as far as I can tell its only the radio and windows going out, maybe a ground issue? anyone experience this? What ground point could cause this, any clues would be appreciated. by the way, I bought the jeep about 3 months ago and replaced the 4 stock speakers, only electrical type mods that have been done yet. Thanks

I know the later years had a whole mess of wiring issues(as I have learned the hard way). On mine the windows, locks and speaker(DS only) would intermittenly(sp?) work. Mine turned out to be the lines between the door and body were soo brittle and broke apart and two were barely making contact when the door was in a certain position. Had to rewire about 4 of the wires in that tight little space between the door and body. Problem fixed. Check the weather pack connectors behind the kick panel. Try to wiggle the wire loom between the door and body when it happens next time. Otherwise it could be a relay or something of the sort since it's resetting when you restart...

Back