• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

95 cruise control switch?

my jeep is a 95 xj 4.0 AW4. i went junk yarding today and found a 95 2wd auto. it had cruise control where mine doesnt. i pulled the switch panel (the one located below the air bag), clock spring, and cc servo.

the problem is that the button cover for the cc on/off is missing off the donor. just the switch cover, not the whole switch. if i push where the switch was, it still clicks just like the other switches on it. i believe that the switch panel is operational even with the switch cover missing, but i want to switch it out for aesthetics.

so i get online and look at teamcherokee.com for a new switch. i was able to find one for a 96 at http://www.teamgrandwagoneer.com/cgi-bin/partsSQL/search.cgi?query=cruise+control&catid=95. the product description on that says that its for 96 only. the site doesnt give a product for 95. i know that there may be a strong chance for this one above is not compatible, similar to how the cruise switch on 97-98, 99-01 is.

keep in mind that 95 and 96 were odd years for the xj steering wheel as it was the first gen xj airbag (mechanical operated not electronic). on these two years, the cc switches are mounted under the airbag on the steering wheel.

having cruise would be a great help for me. arizonas old governor (now homeland scurity sec) had a pet project going on that put photo radar (s)cameras approximately every 2.0 miles on most phoenix area freeways. traffic now crawls by at 50-60mph in a posted 65. i prefer to hop into the left lane and go at a reasonable and prudent speed of 65-70. the cameras are set to go off at 76. so being able to set the cruise in the jeep would be great. for that reason i have been taking my truck to work instead of the heep.

so in conclusion, will the cc switch for a 96 work with my 95?

TIA
stewie

Back